Thursday, February 21, 2008

Candy hearts - a quiz

We grow up here in the U.S. with so much focus on Valentine's Day, including candy associated just with that day - those ol' familiar nothin'-but-sugar candy hearts.

Here's a quiz to take, so that the correct candy heart will be selected just for you:

http://www.blogthings.com/whatdoesyourcandyheartsayquiz/

Apparently my candy heart says Hug Me, which I find pretty sappy and plaintively needy-sounding. Sort of like those Kiss Me I'm Irish (or I'm Irish for a Day) buttons that are worn into bars at St. Patty's Day. Funny how states like Texas or Minnesota have a suspiciously-high number of Irish descendants on that highest of high days of drunkenness and rowdiness.

But I digress. I wonder what quiz answer(s) I gave that directed that result? There were only a handful of questions. And these supposed-details are what my answers resulted in:

A total sweetheart, you always have a lot of love to give out. [But I want to stress that I am not loose or easy]
Your heart is open to where ever love takes you! [Does that mean in the geographic sense, the sexual gymnastics sense, or...?]
Your ideal Valentine's Day date: a surprise romantic evening that you've planned out. [Ahem - that is just how it was worded, folks, God's honest truth - but I provided the italics]
Your flirting style: lots of listening and talking. [True]
What turns you off: fighting and conflict. [Only if it is unresolved or pointless - and never a physical fight between genders]

However, in the interest of scientific (?) research, I re-took the quiz, changing a few of my answers. And whoa! now I am a Cutie Pie! [Friends and family will rightfully disagree.]

The detailed answers were even more disgusting than the above explanations purported to be. So I have ended my research prematurely. Bogus quiz - bah!

Sorry - I am ending my Valentine's Day comments and travel on to other topics tomorrow or whenever I next post.

No comments: