Thursday, January 24, 2008

Miscellany

Not much to blab about lately. We are just doin’ our same-ol’ same-ol’. I do want to comment on some other blogs that I read frequently (or sometimes not so much). This guy writes about corporate communications and I found this recent one funny –
http://blog.ragan.com/archives/stevesblog/2008/01/when_the_ceo_lies_employees_su.html He writes about a physical that he had. And seems to prove, again, that men are SUCH sissies. But is amusing to read.

I read a blog about a phrase that I have not heard before. Don’t have any teens around to eavesdrop on lately, nor young adults, otherwise I might have heard it before this. That phrase is whore bath. New one to me. Kinda intriguing. And then, in mentioning this to our department secretary (who has late-teens) she gave me another one: emo – pronounced ee-moh. As in, so-and-so is a total emo. Just a shorthand version of describing an emotional person.

Other than that – just chompin’ at the bit, ready for the weekend. Got a 3-day weekend coming up (due to the fact that I work a 9-80 workweek: in 9 days I put in 80 hours. That’s 5 days in a row, 4 x 9-hr days plus 1 8-hr day; then a 2-day weekend, and 4 days of 9-hr days. Total of 80 hours. So the employees look forward to the 3-day weekends. Trust me, we do.

I am trying, trying, TRYING to get psyched-up for exercising again. I have been way too lax for way too long. So I am doing the Nordic Track again – it simulates cross-country skiing, so it is a cardio exercise, using both arms and legs. And I have been using exercise bands for resistance work plus hand-held weights. Gotta build UP some muscles and tear DOWN some of the fat. Hate myself when I feel so out of shape. We bought this Nordic Track used, years ago, and it periodically gets used, then it only gets dusted, then used again, etc. I just cannot seem to find the time to go to the gym, and I particularly HATE waiting for the machines. I do love me the elliptical machines and some of the resistance machines are so good – but I just hate having to wait. The only time that I can go there is right after work. Packed with people, including teens – hello? They can’t go earlier? And I just love, love LOVE those butts who sit on a machine and chat with a girlfriend – you know who you are, bee-atches. Why should I have to do the dirty work and kick their arses off? I know you see me standing there, waiting. And I also have great affinity for the guys who sit on the ab machines, which coincidentally face the room where the spinning classes are held and where they can ogle the female bottoms. Supposedly these guys are just resting between sets, but I know better. Whoever set that gym layout up, knew what they were doing. I am not sorry that we joined, but at least I learned that I do need to do something (exercise-wise) and I’m the only one who can force me to do that. When my time is limited after work, I do not want to be at the club until 7:15, waiting on some jerks to relinquish their grubby little holds on the in-demand machines. So it's home-gym for this gal.

And so it goes…

No comments: