Wednesday, March 21, 2007

First time blogger

Yeah, I know that you will all be so excited to read another first-timer's lame attempt at blogging. I have read some really great and funny blogs, some ho-hum ones, and some that just plain stink. But like my mom always said - there's someone for everyone. Oh, wait, she was just talking about a life partner (which she intended to be a spouse for my sis and me - not the same spouse, mind you - a separate one for each). But that's what I mean. What I find enjoyable and amusing, someone else might not ever want to read.

Okay, so I am rattling on here. I will be doing that from time to time, and I will have to search for my own special "flavor" that I want to share and convey.

Some musings...

My sis e-mailed me that she and her adult daughter were leaving their home for the weekend. It is the 5th anniversary of her husband's sudden, unexpected death (he was in his early 50's), and they just cannot stand to be in that city on that day. It is still hard to believe how quickly he left them (and the rest of us). He was a good guy (a "keeper" that we all hope to find) and so well-liked. I have never seen a little church so packed with people for his funeral, nor a funeral home so crowded for a visitation. That's an indication of how people view you.

We are starting to enjoy spring weather here in TX. Of course, right around the corner is that nasty stuff called summer - beastly heat and always, always the humidity. So spring and fall are the good times here. Drummer and I saw bluebonnets this weekend on the north side. That's the signature of spring, around this area. Sort of the counterpart of the robins we looked for in spring, when we lived in MN. More about that (MN) in later posts, maybe. Before we moved here (over 22 years ago), one of my uncles warned me: "In Texas, damn yankee is one word." and he was SO right. We saw bumper stickers: Welcome to Texas - now go home. One of those was on a co-worker's car! Eeek! It was a different time.

No comments: